The Village of Wellington is preparing the Fiscal Year 2021/2022 Budget process based on the development, implementation and evaluation of plans for the provision of services and capital assets. The first phase of the budget process is presenting the overall Village budget. The second phase, departmental budgets, will follow in a few weeks.
- The total preliminary FY 2022 budget is $133.2 million as compared to the FY 2021 budget of $101.6 million, including inter-fund transfers. The $31.2 million increase is primarily due to capital improvement projects. Additionally, increases in operating costs are budgeted for materials and supplies increases and the return to full operations following cancellation and/or reduction in programs and operations as part of the pandemic response.
- The Fiscal Year 2022 proposed budget is a marked change from last year’s pandemic budget. The proposed budget aggressively addresses capital projects while maintaining the same millage and ACME assessment rates.
- The preliminary rates compared to FY 2021 are listed below:
|FY2021/2022 Rates||Adopted FY2021||Preliminary FY2022||Change||%|
|Millage||2.47 mills||2.47 mills||0.00||0.0%|
|Ad Valorem Revenues||$20,864,280||$21,821,983||$957,703||4.6%|
|Acme Improvement District||$230||$230||0.00||0.0%|
|Solid Waste Curbside/Containerized||$135/$100||$171/$121||$36/$21||21.1%|
|Water Base Rate||$20.74||$21.43||$0.72||3.5%|
|Per 1,000 gal usage||$2.34-$7.68||$2.42-$7.95||$0.08-$0.26||3.5%|
|Wastewater Base Rate||$19.75||$20.44||$0.69||3.5%|
|Per 1,000 Base Rate||$2.17||$2.25||$0.08||3.5%|
|(1) Based on a certified taxable value of $9.30 billion from PBC Property Appraiser 6.24.21|
- With an estimated 5.3% increase in the 2021 Taxable Value to $9.3 billion, the strength of Wellington’s residential market provides ad valorem tax revenues of $958,000 more than last year at the preliminary 2.47 millage rate. The revenue value of each .1 mill is $883,000 in FY 2022 compared to $845,000 in FY 2021.
- The ad valorem impact for a homesteaded property valued at $300,000 is an increase of about $10. The increase is $15 for a non-homesteaded property.
- Revenue increases are included in shared / intergovernmental revenues including sales tax, sales surtax, gas tax, and road impact fees – approximately $1.7 million increase; and in charges for services including parks & recreation program and rental fees – approximately $828,790
(NOTE: The above two revenues were the most impacted from the pandemic – reduced intergovernmental and sales tax receipts and reduced parks and recreations programming and activities.)
- The preliminary FY 2022 budget funds 236 full-time governmental positions, 90,728 part-time hours, 6 supplemental positions, and 2 interns. In the enterprise funds, the budget funds 66 full-time positions, 1,560 part-time hours, 8 supplemental positions and 1 intern.
- Capital and Major Maintenance Projects included in the preliminary 2022 Budget include:
|One Time Projects:|
|Sheriff Substation (Design)||$ 900,000|
|Tennis Center Expansion (Design)||$ 150,000|
|Section 24 Preserve (Grant Match)||$ 600,000|
|Community Park (Design)||$ 500,000|
|Town Center Phase II||$8,320,000|
|Aquatics Complex (Design)||$1,500,000|
|South Shore/Pierson Intersection||$4,000,000|
|Acme R & R||$795,000|
|SWM System Rehab||$660,000|
|Communications & Tech Investment||$ 50,000|
|Water Supply Improvements||$2,260,000|
|Water Treatment System||$2,575,000|
|Water Repump and Storage||$1,100,000|
|Force Main Wastewater System||$4,400,000|
|Water Reclamation Facility||$900,000|
|Reuse System Improvements||$350,000|
The budget process will continue with distribution of capital project and departmental budget information. Public outreach to gain input from residents and stakeholders continues with the Budget Challenge online survey, social media, the upcoming Facebook Virtual Town Hall, and Wellington’s website, www.wellingtonfl.gov/survey.
For information about other Wellington programs, events, activities, and updates, please visit www.wellingtonfl.gov or watch Channel 18 for the latest happenings.